Thursday, July 28, 2011

Guest Post: Leonora of Yellow Heart Art

My family is really important to me...so I've gone off on a little vacation to explore my parents' new home state with them. You're in luck though, I've asked some super sweet gals to write guest posts while I'm gone.

Today I'd like you to meet Leonora of Yellow Heart Art. She not only creates awesome prints and necklaces but can also design pretty much anything else you need. She even dances to old school hits and posts the videos! (Vlogs are posted on Thursdays. You're welcome.)

Be sure to visit her and let her know I sent you! [Blog] [Shop] [Facebook] [Twitter]

-----

Midge asked me to fill in for her while she's on Vaca (nice, SHE gets to have fun and *I* have to work…I see who made out in this deal huh?)

We first "met" when she emailed me bout one of my necklaces that I had for sale in my Etsy -- ever since then we declared ourselves BFF (Well, I think she knows we're BFFs, if not THIS is gonna be awkward…)

I've been dating Bub for bout 3 years now (Bub is my boyfriend, not my dog people) and when Midge said she wanted a post about "family" the first thing I thought of was that I had to do one bout Bub and I. Granted we're "just dating" and I dont have a ring on my fingah (if ya liked it then ya shoulda putta ring on it…sorry I tend to bust out into random song and dance moves while blogging, you'll get used to it) but he still is such a HUGE part of my life. That is, he is more than my Bub, he is my family :)

Every summer Bub and I try to do some vacation. Last year we hit up George's Lake (Or Lake George as some of you might know it better as…) and let me tell ya -- we.had.a.blast.

we stayed at this GORGE cabin overlooking the lake


we were out on the water practically every day. we paddle boated


we canoed

 
ok well Bub canoed, I was just told to STRICTLY "sit there and look pretty." Whenever I tried to "help" canoe we would just be at a stand still (Don't even ask me how that is possible but I made it happen)

while canoeing we came across this EPIC log that looked like a hippo


COME ON do you SEE IT?? The eyes, the nose -- the ears?! It's there I'm telling ya, it's there.

Lake George kept it old school with the drive in movie theater (suh-weet)


Bub also attempted to get me over my fear of heights…so with life preservers on we went for a ride to go parasailing!


Notice Bub's awesome pink bracelet? That's so we could get pics of us while up in the air -- the lady asked "Now which of you two want to wear it?" and I smirked and said "well pink *is* his favorite color, it would be a crime for me to take it from him" (girlfriend of the year right here)


The shot of our feet? Yeah I was having heart palpitations the entire time up there. Bub was holding my camera and I kept looking at him, looking at the camera, and looking down to the 1/2 mile drop my poor camera would take if he lost it.

Bub: "come on, let me get a pic of our feet"
Me: *insert audible noises of panic*
Bub: "Babe, I can't understand what you're saying so I'm gonna take your shrills of panic as a go for it"

sigh.

So not only did we risk our lives by being towed around Lake George at the back of a boat by a bungee cord and two metal clips with a parachute behind us, we also decided to take a chance on this beaut:


side note: if you are in Lake George and see these awesome lil scooters to rent do yourself a favor and DO NOT RENT.

we.almost.died.

there are no shoulders in lake george so we had to drive in.the.road. going maaaaaybe 25mph in a 40mph zone. We were going backwards uphill.

Petrifying

but THIS scene is boo-tee-fool


Thanks Midge for having me! Smooches! Have fun on Vaca my love <3

-----

Thanks Leonora for introducing us to Bub and sharing your trip! I'm putting Lake George on my list of places to go right now. We should go together sometime! Maybe we'd see the hippo log?

Me + You = BFF (and yes, I knew that before now)

Don't forget, you can find Leonora here: [Blog] [Shop] [Facebook] [Twitter]

----

Midge

1 comment:

  1. wow- Lake George is beautiful! I love these pictures, they make me want to run out of here to the lake :)
    Meri
    http://merigoesround.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock, you should leave one. Or two. Or lots...no limits here! Woo, comments!!!