Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vacation Recap - Part 2

Monday


After breakfast at Great Scotts and a stop at the Westminster Public Safety Communications Center - I'm a dispatch nerd, I know - Papi and I spent the day on his motorcycle.


We got gas in Golden and headed up Lookout Mountain on the Lariat Loop.



To my surprise, the top of Lookout Mountain is the final resting place of William "Buffalo Bill" Cody and his wife, Louisa. There's also a memorial to their foster son, Johnny Baker, and a museum.



We headed deeper into the mountains from there. To get to Mount Evans (I insisted even though the sky didn't look promising) we had to go through Idaho Springs...where we passed a gold mine!!!


Here's what we saw on the way up the highest paved road in America.









Isn't it gorgeous? Did you notice how there are no guard rails?! Here's what we saw on the way down.








Mama-San had my favorite dinner ready when we got back...homemade mac & cheese! Seriously, I could eat it for every meal until it's gone. (I didn't, but I could.)

More soon!

-----

Midge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock, you should leave one. Or two. Or lots...no limits here! Woo, comments!!!