Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

My parents met playing Uno by bug light at a party. After taking a walk in a nearby park, Dad postponed a camping trip with the guys to hang out with Mom the next day.

He asked her to marry him at a stop light on the way to my grandparents' house so they wouldn't have to keep it a secret that she'd moved in.

The wedding was thirty years ago today.

There was a move across the country, ketchup up a nose and a big blue igloo...and then there was me, born two years later, on their anniversary.

Fast forward to now. This is the family they've created:


Mama-San and Papi, Congratulations on hitting this milestone in your lives. You are an amazing couple. We couldn't have asked for a better example of how to "do it right" than what you have given us. Thank you for being there for us through thick and thin. Thank you for the laughs and the memories. Thank you for sharing your special day with me. I love you.

-----

Have you entered my giveaway?

-----

Midge

1 comment:

Comments rock, you should leave one. Or two. Or lots...no limits here! Woo, comments!!!